• 1 clove garlic crushed
• Tablespoon olive oil
• 100 gram lean beef mince
• 1 carrot finely grated
• 1 stick of celery finely chopped
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• 1/4 ground cumin
• 300 gram can of kidney beans rinsed and drained
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 300 gram tin of chopped tomatoes
• salt and pepper to taste.
• 4 taco shells
• Lettuce leaves of choice shredded finely
• 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, seeded and chopped finely
• tablespoon of finely chopped red onion
• Small tomato seeded and finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2.Heat oil in saucepan on medium heat and add onions with a little
3.Sea salt and cook until transparent. Add celery, carrot, cumin and cook on a low heat for a further 5 mins until softened.
4.Add beef mince, stir through and cook on medium heat until any residual moisture has evaporated. Add garlic, tinned tomatoes, kidney beans. Add tomato puree and a little water if too dry.
5.Leave to simmer on low heat, and season to taste.
6.Mixing together the ingredients of the salsa in a small bowl.
7.Heat through taco’s and assemble with beef bean mixture and top with the salsa.
We have omitted any chilli – this can be added if your skin is not reactive to heat producing foods.
For variety, this recipe can be made with turkey mince or chicken mince.
Gluten Free: no
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: no