• 2 bunches baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 x 170g skinless chicken breast fillets
• 1 tablespoon sumac (see note)
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
• 1/2 cup (80g) sunflower seeds, toasted
• 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the carrots on a baking tray in a single layer. Season, then drizzle over 1 tbs oil and 2 tbs water. Roast for 10-12 minutes until the carrots soften slightly
2. Meanwhile, lightly oil a chargrill pan with the remaining olive oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and rub with the sumac. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until browned.
3. Remove the tray from the oven, turn the carrots then place the chicken on top. Roast for a further 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Whisk the vinegar, garlic and honey together in a large bowl. Season, then add chickpeas, sunflower seeds, parsley and carrots and toss to combine. Divide among plates, then top with the chicken. Serve with couscous or brown rice.
Sumac is a lemony, Middle Eastern spice from supermarkets and spice shops.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes