• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2-3 cloves garlic
• 1/2 bunch continental parsley
• extra 1/4 cup olive oil or cold pressed safflower oil
• juice from 2 oranges
• 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
• 1 teaspoon white pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 4 large oranges
• 2 stalks celery
• 100g green olives
• 1 large charcoal-cooked chicken
1. Place olive oil in a small pan, add garlic and cook over a low heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic has lightly browned. Cool. Place garlic, parsley, extra olive oil, juice, cardamom, pepper, salt and brown sugar in food processor and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until the parsley is finely chopped.
2. Peel oranges, then cut into thin wedges. Thickly slice celery. Place oranges and celery in a large bowl. Add olives. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken into small pieces, with the bones left in.
3. Add the chicken pieces to the orange salad, pour over dressing and, using a large spoon and fork, toss gently to combine.
SERVES 4- 6
We used a large, sharp and heavy knife to cut the chicken Chinese-style, that is, in small pieces with the bones left in. Or you can simply pull the meat from the bones and toss it in the salad. If you have concerns with redness or congestion on your skin, avoid this recipe. Refer to your healthy options+ guide and menu
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes