• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic cove, crushed
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
• 2x 420g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
• 4 pieces fish fillets (oily fish such as mullet, redfish or silver trevally)
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons of oil, onion, garlic and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft. Add stock and chickpeas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice. Process or blend until smooth. Stir in parsley, and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan or chargrill over medium heat. Brush fish with remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Season lightly with pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes each side or until just cooked through
3. Spoon warm chickpea puree onto 4 serving plates. Top with baby spinach, fish and chopped tomatoes. Serve.
The chickpea puree is also great with lamb or beef, or serve on its own with baked pita bread crisps for dipping.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes