• 200 gr piece of yellow fin tuna
• Sesame seeds toasted
• Soba noodles
• 1 x carrot cut into very fine julien strips
• 1 x Lebanese cucumber de- seeded and cut into very fine strips. Leave to drain in colander.
• 2 x Tablespoon Mirin
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 x tsp ginger finely shredded
• 2 Shakes of sesame oil
• 1 tsp lime juice
• _ tsp sugar
1. Bring pot of water to boil and blanch cook carrots. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2.In same pot put in 2 bundles of soba noodles. Cook until just soft and drain.
3.Grind black pepper on a plate and coat both sides of the piece of tuna.
4.Heat pan to high , brush with oil and sear tuna – 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
5.Combine all ingredients in the dressing. Check taste and adjust if required.
6.Assemble cooked noodles with carrot, cucumber, toasted sesame seeds and drizzle with dressing so that it is covered and not too wet.
7.Slice seared tuna.
8.Assemble on plates with noodles on base and seared tuna on top.
Soba noodles are a great base for many noodle dish. They come in packets bundled according to single serve portions Generally one bundle per person. Mirin is a Japanese sweet vinegar and can be found in any Asian specialist grocery store, and some supermarkets
Gluten Free: no
Added Sugar: No
Lactose Free: yes