• 2 x large chicken breasts that have been cut lengthways in 2 ( making 4 pieces )
• Bunch of silver beet with large leaves
• 1x clove garlic
• 1 x Tin peeled chopped tomatoes
• filling of choice – cooked asparagus spears, or strips roast capsicum, or sliced avocado
1. Put chicken pieces in between greaseproof paper and bash with rolling pin to flatten to about 1 cm.
2.Choose one or 2 large leaves of silverbeet, and cut from white stem. Blanch in hot boiling water, just to soften leaf ( 30 secs ). Pat dry.
3.Lay leaves flat, place chicken piece in centre, season with salt and pepper. Lay chosen filling on top, and roll up. Put tooth pick through end to hold if necessary.
4.Lay in top of a steamer, and steam for 15 mins or until cooked through.
5.While chicken rolls are cooking, empty tinned tomatoes into saucepan. Add finely chopped or minced garlic. Warm through and season to taste.
6.Serve chicken rolls with tomato sauce, and fresh chopped basil leaves, steamed new potatoes and your favourite salad.
This recipe is open to interpretation. I have stuffed it with avocado – some might prefer cooked asparagus, or strips of roasted capsicum. Whatever you choose it should be precooked, or not require cooking at all when rolled with the chicken meat.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: Yes
Lactose Free: yes