• 1 cup rolled organic oats
• 1 cup slivered almonds
• 1/4 cup desiccated coconut toasted
• 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
• 2 dried bananas chopped
• 200g figs sliced
• 200g fruit medley
• 1/2 cup apple juice to bind ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Spread the oats, almonds and coconut on a baking tray lined with foil or baking paper and place in oven to lightly toast until golden.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Place the toasted oats, coconut and almonds in a food processor along with the protein powder, dried bananas, figs and fruit medley.
5. Process quickly and combine.
6. Add the apple juice and process until mixture holds together.
7. Pat out the mix on a sheet of greaseproof paper and pat into a rectangle about 1 to 1.5cm high.
8. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for one to two hours to settle.
9. Cut into small bite-sized bars.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge – approximately 3 weeks. These can be made in advance for a quick breakfast solution.
Gluten Free: no
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: yes