• 1 tin of baby beets (drained)
• 1/3 cup of olive oil
• 1 large onion (diced)
• 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
• 1 400g can of chickpeas, drained
• 1-2 tablespoons of tahini
• 1/3 cup of plain yoghurt
• 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup vegetable stock
1. Saute the onion over a medium heat in 1 tablespoon of oil until soft, then add cumin and cook for a further minute.
2. Place all ingredients except oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
3. With the motor still running, add the remaining oil in a steady thin stream.
4. Process thoroughly.
5. Serve with slice pitta or Lebanese bread.
Serve with oven toasted lebanese bread or corn chips. The colour is great and the taste is even more spectacular.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: yes