• 6 cups (1 1/2 litres) beef stock
• 3 shallots, trimmed and finely sliced
• 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
• 1 tbs fish sauce
• Pinch of ground star anise
• 2 beef poterhouse steaks, trimmed and very thinly sliced across the grain
• 1/2 bunch baby choy sum, cut into 5cm lengths
• 150g shimeji mushrooms, trimmed
• 100g been shoots, trimmed
• 1/2 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
In a medium sizes saucepan bring stock, shallots, ginger, fish sauce and star anise to the boil. Remove from heat and add the beef immediately. Ladle hot soup into serving bowls and serve with choy sum, mushrooms, bean shoots and basil for your guests to add themselves.
A light and delicious meal – anyone with basic cooking skills can make this one Add your favourite cooked rice noodles at the bottom of the bowl before serving.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes