• 375g navy beans (or any other small dried white bean)
• 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 – 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
• 3 stalks celery, chopped (leaves included)
• 1 cup fresh tomato sauce
• Tablespoons olive oil
• chopped parsley
1. Soak the beans in water over night.
2. Strain the water and place the beans in a pot with new water.
3. Bring to a boil, remove from heat; strain beans, discard water.
4. Heat oil and add the garlic and onion and fry gently until transparent. Add the carrots and celery and fry for 1 minute and then add the fresh tomato sauce and the strained beans. Add enough water to cover all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and simmer covered for 1 hour.
5. Sprinkle with fresh parsley prior to serving.
A basic but a good one. For extra texture when serving, pan fry small strips of smoked turkey breast until well browned. Add strips on top of soup when serving.
Gluten Free: Yes
Added Sugar: Yes
Lactose Free: yes