• 140g (2/3 cup) brown rice
• 150g (2/3 cup) pearl barley
• 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
• 3 zucchini, trimmed, thickly sliced
• 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 1.5cm pieces
• olive oil spray
• 75g baby spinach leaves
• 2 tbs currants
• 1/4cup chopped fresh coriander
• 60ml (1/4 cup) low fat natural yoghurt
• 2tbs fresh lemon juice
• 1tbs hot water
• 2tsp tahini
• 1tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Cook the brown rice and pearl barley in a large saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain.
3. Meanwhile: place the onion, zucchini and capsicum in a single layer on the lined tray and lightly spray with oil spray. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Place the rice, barley, onion mixture, baby spinach, currants and coriander in a large bowl and gently toss until just combined. Season with pepper.
5. To make the tahini dressing: whisk together the yoghurt, lemon juice, water, tahini and honey in a medium bowl.
6. Spoon the salad among serving plates. Drizzle with tahini dressing to serve.
This salad is full of flavour. Can be served with a chicken marinated in garlic, and lemon and then grilled.
Gluten Free: Yes
Added Sugar: Yes
Lactose Free: no