• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 leeks washed & chopped
• 1 onion chopped
• 1 kg sweet potato peeled & sliced
• 2 granny smith apples chopped
• 1 dessertspoon curry powder
• 1 dessertspoon cumin seeds,, dry roasted
• 1.2 litres of chicken stock
• 2/3 cup of plain yoghurt
1. Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan adding leek and onion.
2. Cook over low medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
3. Stir in seeds and curry powder and chopped apple.
4. Add sweet potato and cook a further two minutes.
5. Pour in chicken stock, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
6. Puree soup in batches in food processor until smooth and season to taste.
7. Stir in yoghurt (do not boil)
Choose a mild curry paste to reduce heat element of the dish – it is just for aromatic flavour that this is included.
Gluten Free: Yes
Added Sugar: Yes
Lactose Free: no