• 1.4 litres vegetable stock
• 1kg pumpkin chopped into small pieces
• 2 medium onions, finely chopped
• 1 handful roughly chopped fresh coriander with juice of 1/3 of a lemon
• Pepper to taste
• 2/3 cup light coconut milk
• 1 corn cob (cut kernels off cob)
• 1/2 kilo chicken fillets (breast or thigh) cut into bite size pieces
1. Fry onions in a large saucepan with 1 teaspoonful of coconut oil on a gentle heat until soft.
2. Add stock and pumpkin and simmer until pumpkin is tender.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Over heat, add coconut milk, juice and rind from lemon, coriander and pepper to taste.
5. Stir through until mixed.
6. Add corn kernels.
7. Add chicken pieces and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the chicken pieces are cooked through, then remove lemon skin
Serve with a few coriander leaves on top with an optional dollop of natural yoghurt.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes