• 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
• 1 teaspoon of honey
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• Juice of 1 lime
• 800g of chicken breasts (cut into wide strips )
• 50g snow peas
• 100g rocket lettuce leaves
• 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 small avocado, sliced
• 1/3 cup of roughly chopped basil
• 1/2 red (Spanish) onion, finely sliced
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Mix mustard, garlic & lime juice in a bowl. Add chicken strips, turning to coat thoroughly. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to boil. Blanch the snow peas for 3 minutes. Drain & cool under cold running water.
Preheat griller or a grill plate to hot. Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat & toss through honey. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Place snow peas, rocket lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, basil & onion in a large salad bowl. Add oil and balsamic vinegar & gently toss.
Arrange salad on serving plates, then top with chicken and serve immediately.
This recipe can be made the day before for a lunch time treat. Just keep the salad separate and do not dress until just before eating. The chicken cooked this way can also make a delicious addition to any lunch time wrap.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes