• 2 tbs olive oil
• 4 small chicken breast fillets (about 10g each), each cut into 6 pieces
• 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed drained well
• 1 tbs ground coriander
• 2 small cinnamon quills, halved
• 2 cups(500ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
• 3 tbs (1/4 cup) shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
• 3/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leafed parsley
1. Heat 1 tbs oil in a large heavy-based pan or flameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden, then set aside.
2. Add remaining 1 tbs oil to pan and cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add rice and spices, stirring to coat in the onion mixture. Add the stock and 1/4 cup (60ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, stir in chicken and cook, covered, for 12 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff rice with a fork to separate the grains, then remove from the heat and stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Add 2 tbs picstachios and 3/4 cup parsley, then season and stir to combine.
3. Serve immediately sprinkled with remainin pistachios and parsley, and salad.
Light and delicious.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes