• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 carrots, peeled, diced
• 2 zucchini, diced
• 2 sticks celery, diced
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 400g can diced tomatoes
• 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
• 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
• 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
• 1 lemon, quartered
• 4 crusty wholegrain rolls, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini, celery and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
2. Add tomatoe and stock to pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
3. Add lentils to soup. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon juice. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges and bread rolls.
For extra creaminess add a dob of yoghurt.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: yes