• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 400g small chat potatoes, lightly chopped (see note)
• 4 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock
• 400g can diced tomatoes
• 2 cups water
• 2 x 300g cans soya beans, rinsed, drained (see note)
• 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, washed, chopped
• 1 /3 cup continental parsley leaves, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add potatoes and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.
2. Add stock, tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
3. Stir in soya beans and cook, uncovered, for a further 5 minutes.
4. Stir in spinach and parsley. Cook for 1 minute, or until spinach wilts. Season with pepper.
Chat potatoes are small young potatoes of any variety.
Gluten Free: Yes
Added Sugar: Yes
Lactose Free: yes