• 1 tbs olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 50g pine nuts
• 800g broccoflower, cut into small florets
• 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
• 1 cup (250ml) reduced fat milk
• 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
• salt and freshly ground pepper
• small basil leaves, to serve
1. Heat oil in saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pine nuts, and cook, stirring, for 8 -10 minutes or until onion very soft.
2. Add the broccoflower, stock and 1/2 cup (125ml) of water. Cover and steam over a low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the broccoflower is very tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
3. Blend the broccoflower mixture and milk in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through.. Stir over a low heat until warmed through. Sir in the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with extra pepper and basil leaves to serve.
For extra creaminess add a dob of yoghurt when serving. Brccoflower is a caulfilower and broccoli cross. If not available, make with a lttle of both.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: no