• 500g pumpkin chopped into large cubes
• 500g sweet potato chopped into large cubes
• 200g dried dates chopped
• 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves
• 1 can of chickpeas
• 1 red onion sliced
• 1 lemon rind & juice
• 1 tablespoon ground coriander
• 1 tablespoon ground cummin
– Preheat oven to 200°C then cook the pumpkin and sweet potato till slightly soft (I find 30 min)
– Allow pumpkin and potato to cool
– In a pour in the oil, ground coriander and cummin, lemon rind and juice, mix through.
– Then add the remaining ingredients and mix through gently,serve cold.
The mixture of sweet and sour make this a great salad to accompany any grilled fish or lean meat. To marinate the meat with garlic, lemon juice and oilive oil that dissappears when grilled – would go well with this salad. For vegetarians, add a spoon of natural yoghurt and a poached egg on top.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: yes