• Half Butternut Pumpkin
• Baby Spinach
• Radico Lettuce
• Rocket Salad
• 150gm Green Stringless Beans
• 1 Avocado sliced
• 1/4 Cup Flaked Almonds Toasted (or Pine Nuts)
1. Cut pumpkin into cubes and spray with Olive Oil and place in medium oven to roast until golden brown.
2. Blanch green beans to desired tenderness.
3. Wash various lettuces and place in large salad bowl.
4. Add cooled pumpkin cubes, blanched beans and avocado slices to the lettuce mix.
5. Make an oil mix of 50% cold pressed safflower oil and 50% olive oil
6. Add equal measures of Balsamic Vinegar to the oil mix ( total of one third vinegar to two thirds oil )
7. Salt & Pepper
8. Mix together in a screw top jar.
9. Just before serving, apply dressing over salad mixture and top with toasted flaked almonds (or pine nuts).
It is best to make sure that the pumkin is roasted – the flavour is more intense and the pumkin holds shape better when mixed through salad.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: yes