• 1 packet (375g) rice paper rounds
• 12 large cooked prawns, peeled with tail left on
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin strips
• 1 bunch mint
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons Thai sweet chilli sauce ( optional )
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• sesame seeds
1. Place rice paper rounds in warm water, a couple at a time, for a few minutes or until they begin to soften
2. Lay rounds on a flat surface. Place a prawn, a few strips of cucumber and a sprig of mint on each round. Roll up, leaving tail end of prawn sticking out. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. Place soy sauce, chilli sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds, if using, in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Serve sauce with the rolls.
In place of prawns, try filling rolls with shredded barbecued chicken, shredded carrot and lettuce and a spoonful of hoisin sauce.
Make up the prawn rolls but pack the dipping sauce in a separate container. Keep the rolls well Chilled and eat within a day. If you have concerns with heat producing foods – omit the sweet chilli sauce. Refer to your guide and menu.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: no
Lactose Free: yes