• 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm cubes
• 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
• 200 gr rice noodles
• 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
• 1 400 gr tin of light coconut milk
• 450ml chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
• 2 carrots scrubbed and cut into thin strips
• 1 small onioin finely chopped
• 3 spring onions finely sliced
• 100 gr bean sprouts
• 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
Preheat oven to 200 C . Put in sweet potato cubes, lightly coated in oil and roast for 30 mins or until cooked through.
Cook rice noodles 1- 2 mins in boiling water, and drain.
While sweet potatoes are cooking, heat 1 tblsp oil in saucepan and add onion and cook over moderate heat for 5 mins until soft but not coloured.
Add curry paste and cook for a further minute
Add coconut milk and stock and heat through, to a slow simmer, but do not boil
Stir in Soy sauce and sugar* ( *optional)
Add carrots and spring onions and simmer for a few minutes.
Divide cooked rice noodles between 4 large bowls
Add bean sprouts and cooked sweet potato – pour soup over them.
Garnish with coriander
This recipe is not for those who need to avoid heat producing foods. Refer to your guide and menu.
Gluten Free: yes
Added Sugar: yes
Lactose Free: yes